I have had this recipe for over 6 years now, given by my bestie Sonali. I make it a few times a month to good reviews by family and friends.
It’s an easy one pot, no fuss recipe. You can add any vegetables of your choice and make it a wholesome meal for your family.
In these times of lockdown, we friends swap recipes and they pointed out that it’s not on the blog. I was surprised myself that I missed out uploading such a good recipe. So here it is
1 glass rice washed and soaked
10-12 tendli/ivy gourd sliced long
10-12 french beans scut in 2″ pcs
1/2 cup cauliflower florets
2 slit green chillies
1 tbsp dhania/coriander powder
1/2 tsp haldi/turmeric
1/2 tsp garam masala
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 tsp jeera
2 choti elaichi/cardamom
1 tej patta
5-6 karipatta/curry leaves
1) Heat ghee, add jeera, elaichi, cinnamon and karipatta
2) When it sizzles add ginger garlic paste. Fry well
3) Add the dry masala and fry it off
4) Add the vegetables, rice and chillies and mix well
5) Add salt and coriander leaves. Mix
6) Add 2 glasses water, bring to a boil and lower gas.
7) cook covered for 16 mins. Shut the gas and let it rest for 5 mins.