Another addition in our series of soups is the absolutely delicious cream of mushroom soup. It’s quite an appetite satiater and pairing it with some bread makes it a meal in itself.
This recipe is from Veg recipes of India and a definite must try.
1 tbsp olive oil
200 gms sliced button mushrooms
1 chopped big onion
6-7 chopped garlic
1 tbsp wholewheat flour
1 cup water
1 cup room temperature milk
6 tbsp fresh cream
Pinch of nutmeg
1 tsp pepper as per taste
Chopped coriander leaves
- Add oil in a pan, add the bay leaf and peppercorns. Sautee.
- Add the onion and garlic and fry till translucent.
- Add the mushrooms and cook on high heat till all the water has dried up and there is a golden colour to the mushrooms
- Add the flour and mix well, Sautee till raw smells disappears.
- Add the water bring to a boil and them simmer.
- Add milk and salt, cook on low flame till it begins to thicken.
- When it thickens more, add the cream and mix well.
- Add the nutmeg and coriander leaves and mix well
- Cook for couple more minutes.
- Serve with some pepper sprinkled on top