A dish that fails me every time are tikkis. Yeah I admit it. A basic thing like Tikki, I don’t seem to get it right.
Then I went for a potluck and had this really interesting Tikki. I thought it was harra bharra and took a bite sceptically as I am not too fond of peas. I just loved it and immediately caught hold of this amazing baker and chef – Sangheita for the recipe.
This one is way different from the Harra Bharra kebab and the mix of palak, corn, potato and cheese makes this super Yumm.
1 cup raw sweet corn
1 bunch raw palak
3 green chillies
8 garlic cloves
5-6 boiled potatoes (2 cups)
1 tbsp butter + oil
1/2 tsp garam masala
1 tsp sugar
2 bread slices
grated pizza cheese
1 tbsp cornflour mixed with water
- Grind corn, chopped palak, garlic, chillies in a mixer to a fine paste. Avoid water unless necessary.
- In a nonstick pan, add butter and oil and add this paste to it.
- Add salt, sugar, garam masala, lime juice and chilli powder if u wish.
- Mix well and let this paste get dry. Shut the gas and let it cool
- Mash the potatoes and add this spinach corn mix to it. Adjust seasoning.
- Make small pieces of the bread slices and add it to this mix.
- Make small balls and hollow the centre, add a mix of grated cheese and chilli flakes and seal the ball well.
- Make flat tikki shapes, dip in cornflour slurry and coat with breadcrumbs.
- Pan fry with a little oil to get a golden brown on both sides.