It’s been too long since something went up on the blog. Last minute decided to try something with Bhindi and glad I did.
Now a days everyone is fed up of being locked in and it continues to get difficult to tempt the kids taste buds and keep them happy alteast through the stomach route.
Inaya my daughter always use to talk about some geela bhindi her friends would get in tiffin and I could never figure out what it was. Today finally she told me Yes Maa this is the bhindi I am talking about.
500 gms Bhindi cut into medium sized roundels
2 onions cubed
10 garlic chopped
1″ pc ginger grated
2-3 dried Kashmiri chillies
2 black cardamom
2 green cardamom
4-5 black pepper
1 tbsp jeera
1/4 tsp jaldi
1 TSP red chilli powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/4 tsp amchur
2. In the same pan, add oil Add the Akka garam masala spices, saute till leaves aroma. U can choose to remove the spices and discard it as the oil is well flavoured.
3. Add jeera and let it sizzle.
4. Break the dried chilli to pieces and add it along with the ginger and garlic. Let it saute till golden brown.
5. Add the cubed onions, little salt and fry till translucent.
6. Add the sauteed Bhindi and all the masalas and little salt. Mix it well.
7. Cook on a slow flame for about 10 minutes or till the Bhindi is cooked.
8. Serve hot with roti.
Recipe adapted from – Cookwithmanali