Urban tadka in Mumbai makes some of the best Indian food and there are a handful of dishes that I absolutely love.
When Richi Dakshi posted this dish a while ago, I went like wow I have to try this. Still as is my nature, I procrastinated till Ameya made it not once but twice and then I just couldn’t resist anymore.
And here it is – Presenting Nimbu chicken, simple, easy, tangy and just lip smacking. It’s quite versatile as u can serve it as a starter or as a main. Paired this with a butter garlic wheat tandoori roti.
2+2 tbsp lime juice
1 TSP haldi
2-3 tbsp butter
1.5 tbsp ginger garlic paste
10 garlic minced
2 + 2 slit spicy green chilli
1 pkt amul fresh cream 250ml
1/2 TSP haldi
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp jeera powder
2 tsp dhania powder
1 tsp kitchen king masala or garam masala
- Marinate the chicken in haldi salt and half the lime juice. Leave for 2 hrs.
- In a kadhai heat the butter and fry half the green chillies, garlic and ginger for about a minute.
- Add the marinated chicken and cook for about 5-7 minutes on medium to low heat.
- Reduce the heat and add the powders (turmeric, red chilli, coriander, cumin, kitchen king/garam masala) and mix well till all the chicken pieces are coated well.
- Add the fresh cream and mix it until well with the chicken. If you need more gravy you can add a little whole milk (full fat) or increase the quanity of cream slightly. The recipe measurements mentioned will make the dish semi gravy so adjust accordingly
- Cook for about 3 minutes on a low heat and then add the remaining lime juice and the reserved green chillies and cook for a further couple of minutes. Do a taste check and adjust the lime as required. The gravy should predominantly taste tangy from the lime.
- Remove from heat and garnish with chopped coriander.
Recipe courtesy – https://www.ruchikrandhap.com/nimbu-chicken-urban-tadka-restauran/