My foodie bestie is Ameya and we discuss or recommend a lot of recipes that we try or intend to try. Recently he had tried this recipe by Suhani Deshpande and seemed might impressed by the outcome. I immediately starmarked it as it seemed like a must try dish.
It’s such a different version from the egg prepations that I have tried till date. The twist she adds in the recipe makes this such a wonderful and flavoursome meal.
6 hard boiled eggs – cut to 8 pcs each
6 sliced big onions
2 big tomatoes pureed
2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
2 tsp chilli powder
2 tsp pav bhaji masala
1 tbsp besan
2 slit green chillies
1/2 cup water
1/2 tsp haldi
1 tsp jeera
2 tbsp butter
1/4 cup chopped dhania
1. Heat oil in a pan, add jeera. When it sizzles add onion and fry till golden brown.
2. Add the ginger garlic paste and fry for a couple of minutes till the raw smell disappears.
3. Add the sieved besan and haldi and fry it off for 3-4 mins till it’s rawness leaves.
4. Add tomato puree, chilli powder, pav bhaji masala, salt, slit chillies. Mix it well and fry till the masala leaves oil.
5. Pour 1/2 cup water and cover and simmer for 5 mins.
6. Add butter and mix well. Add the chopped eggs and 3/4th of the coriander leaves and mix well.
7. Cover and cook for another 2-3 mins. Serve hot garnished with the remainder of coriander leaves
Link to original recipe -https://youtu.be/mfeD7PWt7qk