I am getting hooked to the food videos that come on FB. They look so easy and droolicious. Had saved this a while back with the thought that I would make it sometime.
My family and friends know that I love cooking and 2-3 of them sent me the link to check out. Which meant that this dish was never far away from my mind.
Few friends came over today, and it was a good occasion to experiment on them. Love my Guinea pigs. It’s a really interesting and yum dish though quite rich. I did have to modify for lack of ingredients but it still was finger licking.
750 gms chicken legs/thighs
1 tbsp paprika
Salt to taste
1 tsp dried thyme
3 Tbsp. Amul butter
3 cloves of garlic chopped
1.5 pkt Amul cream (300ml)
1 tbsp red chilli flakes
1/4 cup Amul cheese spread
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 bunch spinach
- Season chicken thighs with salt and paprika. Keep aside for 2 hours.
- Melt 2 Tbsp. butter in a large pan over medium high heat. Add chicken and sear both sides until golden brown. Drain excess fat and set aside.
- Mix the cheese spread, cream and half cup water till blended well.
- Melt 1 Tbsp. butter in the pan. Add garlic, stir until fragrant, then add the cream & cheese mix, thyme, chilli flakes and stir. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to low.
- Stir in spinach, simmer until spinach has wilted and the sauce has thickened. Add lime juice. Adjust seasoning.
- Add the chicken and this sauce in an oven proof dish. Cover with foil.
- Bake at 200˚C for 20 minutes. Then remove the foil and bake for another 10 minutes
- Serve immediately with some bread on the side