My Achilles heel seems to be red velvet. Always stayed away from it. I attempted it once on my birthday and got a Maroon colour cake with a crusty texture. It was tasty but not the red velvet I wanted
Tried another recipe today and the taste and texture is awesome but still didn’t get the bright red I am looking for. Maybe I was stringent with the colour, also I reduced the cocoa instead of using the mentioned amount. Next try will stick to the recipe and hope for a lovely bright red.
The taste and texture of these eggless Cuppies is awesome and with this yum cream cheese frosting I had to to stop my son at 3 🙈.
1 & 3/4 cup maida
1 cup castor sugar
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder. just make sure you dont use dutch processed
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup plain milk
1/2 cup olive oil
1 Tsp vanilla extract
1 Tablespoons white vinegar
Red gel colour a few drops.
- Preheat oven to 175 deg C
- Line a 12 cupcake tray with paper liners
- Sift and mix the dry ingredients together
- Whisk wet ingredients (EXCEPT vinegar)
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients in 3 increments. Once all together, add the vinegar. whisk to incorporate .
- Bake for 15-20 mins. this time depends on the oven.
Cream Cheese Frosting
1 pack of Philadelphia cheese (226 gms)
1 cup of whipping cream
1/2 cup icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Whip the whipping cream till it gets soft peaks.
- whisk the cream cheese separately.
- Add the vanilla extract, icing sugar and cream cheese to the whipped cream and whisk it till mixed properly.
- Keep in fridge.