So 2 weeks ago my shelves in my crockery cupboard came crashing down taking all my latest props with it. Beautiful hand picked plates and bowls all gone. I had collected them since the last 3 years for my food photography to upload in my blog. I was devastated.
With my bday coming up, my friend Mani sent me an early surprise – this beautiful white plate similar to the one I lost. I told her that I have stopped updating the blog so wont be buying anymore crockery. She insisted that I should and not let a dream of mine go.
My son loves mutton, he is not a foodie and eats only to survive. But if u ask him what should I make, he always picks mutton. Once overheard him chatting once with a friend, ‘ tomorrow there will be mutton made in the house’ His friend asked why so he said ‘Kal Eid hai na’ I burst out laughing as it’s not a festival we celebrate.
Recently saw a video on FB with this recipe and it looked absolutely inviting. So made this rich delicious Mutton Boti Masala for dinner. ( I know boti means boneless but am a sucker for Nalli 😄🙈)
- 1 kg Mutton(Boneless)
- 1 Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Ginger paste
- 1 tbsp Garlic paste
- 1/4 Mace powder (i didnt use)
- 1 1/2 tsp Garam masala powder
- 2 tbsp Coriander seeds powder(roasted)
- 3 Green Chillies(chopped)
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp Red chilli powder
- 1/4 cup Mint leaves(chopped)
- 1/4 cup Coriander leaves(chopped)
- 4 Onions (fried & crushed)
- 1 cup curd
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Oil
- Take mutton in a bowl and add lemon juice, ginger paste, garlic paste, mace powder, garam masala powder, coriander seeds powder, green chilli, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, mint leaves, coriander leaves, fried onions paste, curd, salt, oil
- Mix it well and massage the meat with all the spices properly
- Now, cover the bowl with its lid and let it marinate for around 1-2 hour
- Once marinated properly, Take the mutton out in a frying pan and saute it on a high flame for about 4-5 minutes
- Now, turn the flame to medium or low and let the mutton cook for about 60-70 minutes(till the mutton is cooked properly)
- Once cooked, Take it out in a serving bowl and garnish it with some coriander leaves.
Recipe courtesy- Get Curried