Today I decided I want to try something different in Mutton, else my son convinces me to always make his favourite Chilli fry. I kept getting directives from family members, no white gravy, no coconut, …
When u want to keep trying something new but due to all the experimenting, many favourite dishes don’t make a comeback for a long time.
I think it could be over 4 years since I made a lasagna. It makes such an impressive meal with a balance of sauces with the pasta sheets not overpowering the meat here. The cheese hitting just the right spot.
This big dish was finished in 15 mins by our family of 4, it was that yum
500 gms mutton mince
2 big onions
5 skinless tomatoes puréed or chopped
1/2 pkt tomato purée
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
10 minced garlic
1 tsp Chilli flakes
1 tbsp maida
Mixed Italian herbs – fresh or dried
1/2 packet of mushrooms – sliced
1/2 cup chopped basil
1. Blanch or roast the tomatoes or remove skin and chop or purée as per preference.2. In a pan, heat olive oil and add the onions and garlic. Sautée to pink3. Add the mince and brown it well4. At intervals add the tomato puree, pkt purée, Worcestershire sauce, chilli flakes and dried herbs . 5. Let this cook out for about an hr adding little water as it becomes dry 6. When the mince is 90% done add the mushrooms and let it cook.7. Add the maida and let it thicken up.8. Add the fresh basil. Adjust seasons and switch off gas
2 tbsp butter
4 tbsp all purpose flour
3/4 cup milk
2 cubes grated processed cheese
Pinch of Nutmeg (optional)
Water as per requirement
1. Heat butter in a pan, add the APF and sautee it.2. Lower flame and add milk, mix well to make a thick roux.3. Add the salt, cheese and nutmeg and mix well4. Add water as per consistency required (like a thick batter)
6-8 pasta sheets (no cook variety) 2 cubes grated processed cheese
100 gms grated mozarella cheese
1. PreHeat oven to 180 degree2. Spread a thin layer of the bolognese sauce.3. Add the pasta sheet to cover the sauce4. Then add a thin layer of the cheese sauce.5. Add the pasta sheet over it. Repeat with red sauce and so on6. On the top layer, end with the cheese sauce and sprinkle the grated processed and mozarella cheese.7. Bake for 20-25 mins or until the top is golden brown and the skewer comes out clean
My son recently started loving Tacos and I don’t think I have made them at home for over 4 years.
The other day I found these boxes of crispy taco shells, so I immediately grabbed them with a plan to surprise him. It took me 3 weeks to finally make it as muhurat hi Nahi Bana.
With my versatile trusted charred Bell pepper sauce in hand I made these super yummy and simple Chicken tacos loaded with cheese. Also made sour cream and salsa from scratch to pair with it. Happy happy.
When the client asks for something you have never made and you say yes presuming it’s easy, you are in for a challenge.
I presumed Satay Chicken would be easy but when I experimented with flavours both of the chicken marinade and the peanut dipping sauce, I struggled till I finally got a version I liked. And when the client liked it too, I thought it deserved a spot on the blog. Chicken Satay & peanut dipping sauce an easy to serve and eat starter at any party. Recipe to be uploaded soon
INGREDIENTS 500 gm boneless chicken pcs Turmeric Salt MARINADE 100 ml packaged coconut milk 2 big onions 5 cloves garlic 1″ ginger 3 stalks lemon grass 2 tbsp fish sauce/ 2 tsp soya sauce 2 tbsp brown sugar 3 tbsp red curry paste Juice of 1 lime Salt
Rub the chicken with salt and haldi and leave for 30 mins
Make a paste of all the ingredients mentione under marinade.
Marinate the chicken for minimum 2 hrs or overnight.
Preheat oven to 200 degress C.
Line a tray with aluminium foil and spread the chicken out. Drizzle oil over them.
Cook for 20-30 mins or until chicken is tender..
Once cool, skewer 3 pcs on to one stick
Heat oil in a pan, and pan fry on high flame to get some colour on the chicken post the oven.
Just drizzle the marinade as u flash fry.
PEANUT DIPPING SAUCE 200 gm chunky peanut butter 2 tbsp red curry paste 50 ml coconut milk 50 ml water appx 2 tsp soya sauce 2 tsp apple cider vinegar 2 tbsp sugar Salt
Place coconut milk, red Thai curry paste and peanut butter in a pan.
Heat and mix it well. Adjust consistency by adding water little by little.
Add the soya sauce, apple cider vinegar, sugar and salt and keep on low flame for 5 mins.
I had made Paneer Lasooni a while back and was pretty happy with the outcome. So when I got an order for Chicken Lasooni, I went ahead and said yes even though I had never made it before.
This version adapted from the paneer recipe seems to have been well received as have made it multiple times for orders and so now it finds a place on the blog too. Plus I needed an excuse to showcase my new logo and the new pan too.
Marinate for 4 hrs
750 gm chicken
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 cup hung curd
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tbsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp Garam masala
1/4 tsp haldi
1 tbsp red chilli paste
1.Marinate the chicken for minimum 4 hrs or overnight.
2. Either grill the chicken with the marinade in the oven or pan fry it and keep aside. (The residue liquid can be stored to flavour rice)
1 tsp Jeera
2 Choti elaichi
3 cubed onions
5 cubed tomatoes
12 garlic flakes
1 tbsp coriander powder
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp chilli powder
5 dried Kashmiri chilli
500 ml water
1. Heat oil, Sautee all the ingredients for a few minutes by adding them one by one.
2. Once mixed well add the water and cover and cook for 15 mins or till the tomatoes are soft and water is slightly absorbed.
3. Cool and make a fine paste in the mixer.
1 tsp Jeera
1.5 ginger julienned
2-3 green chillies chopped.1 onion chopped
1/2 cup garlic chopped
1/2 cup curd
1 tsp Garam Masala
1 tsp kasuri methi
3 tsp fresh cream
1 tbsp butter
1. Heat oil in a pan, add the jeera.
2. When it sizzles add the onion, garlic, ginger and chillies. Sauté till it’s golden brown.
3. Add the masala paste and mix well. Fry for few minutes.
4. Add the curd, salt, garam masala powder and kasuri methi. Mix well. Let it cook for a bit till it leaves oil.
5. Check and adjust seasoning and add the pre cooked chicken.
6. Add the cream and mix.
7. Add the butter and garnish with coriander leaves.
It’s been a while since I made some soup, have been waiting to try this one but I just seemed to be missing some or the other ingredients.
Today finally made this hearty wholesome soup. Perfect for someone on a diet or wanting to stick to a healthy diet. It’s a meal by itself and pairing it with some warm bread will have your dinner sorted.
INGREDIENTS 4 tomatoes 1 onion 8 garlic 1 potato 1/4 cup cabbage 1/2 carrot 1/4 cup macaroni 2 tbsp celery (optional) 2 tsp fresh basil (optional) Salt 4 cups water 1 tbsp mixed Italian herbs Juice of half a lime Olive oil
Boil tomatoes till the skin splits. Peel the skin and puree the tomatoes.
Finely dice the onion, garlic, potato, cabbage, celery and carrot.
Saute the onion and garlic in some olive oil till pink.
Add the carrots and potatoes and sautee for a few minutes.
Add the cabbage and celery and sautee for a few minutes.
Add the tomato paste, water and macaroni and bring it to a boil.
Add salt, seasoning and pepper (optional) and cook covered on a sim.
Once the macaroni and veggies are cooked but still have a bite to them squeeze some lime and adjust seasoning.